The first stream of exiles from the North-Caucasus to our region dates back to the year 1933. We do not know about any streams of exiles before that time. The second wave of exiles from this region started in 1935. The ethnic structure mainly comprised Ukrainians and Russians. These deportations also affected German colonists and the North-Caucasian native population.
In April of 1933 a freight car train (possibly more than one) departed with exiled farmers from the southern districts (but not from the districts bordering on the Black Sea) of the Asow-Black Sea region (today Krasnoyarsk region) and from the southern areas of what is today called the Stavropol region. The train was unloaded in Achinsk, where the deportees had to board barges and were taken down the Chulym River to the north to the Birilyussy district. Some of them were put down on the right banks of the river, where, during the following time, they built up the settlements of Sopka and Meletsk. It is not known to us, which train these deportees were definitely related to.
The flood of exiles of the year 1935, according to information available to us, mainly came from the Kuban and hit the Autonomous Region of Adugeya. Some of the deportees remained in the woodworking factory No. 3, as well as the woodworking combinate in Krasnoyarsk, but most of them were taken up the Yenissey to the north, beyond Yenisseysk, to a village named Ust-Pit, from where they were transported further up the Pit River and driven away to the gold mines in the Udereysk (today Motygino) and North-Yenissey districts.
We share information concerning the deportation of several hundreds of Circassians and Kalmucks to Igarka, many of whom died during the first winter. However, up to now, we could not give an exact date for these events; we can only suppose that this took place in the year 1933