Some of the "Easterners" who had ended up in our region and been exiled for a period of six years, passed through filtration camps outside our region. But in most of the cases known to us they were directly taken to Krasnoyarsk from abroad, to the PFL of the 8th camp sector of the Norillag. This happened in the summer or autumn of the year 1945. It cannot be precluded that another PFL existed under the complex of the Norillag, in Norilsk. Among others, they took "Easterners" from Austria to the Krasnoyarsk PFL.
In this PFL (like in any other filtration camp on the territory of the USSR) the persons to be "checked up" were detained for approximately one year and used for different kinds of work during the entire period of time. Then, in August-September 1946, many of them were "given the written order" for six years' internal exile while others were let off. Those who had been exiled to six years were taken from the PFL to different places: Some were allowed to stay in Krasnoyarsk, others were sent to the district of Yenisseysk (including Podtyosovo - one of the bulwarks of the Norillag) or the district of Rybino.
We are aware of another formal stream of "Easterners" sentenced to six years' exile, a stream, however, with very peculiar characteristics. The essence of this peculiarity is that these exiles were not Soviet citizens (although they were apparently considered as such). The story ran as follows: in 1944 the German occupying powers in Latvia mobilized the local young people to dig trenches and the like. Upon the invasion of Latvia by the Soviet troops those who did not succeed in hiding from them were captured and put in prisoner-of-war camps. In the autumn of 1946 they were put on wagons and transported to Vorkuta, to the Workutlag PFL. One year later, in 1946, all ethnic Latvians were released from this PFL, but the ethnic Russians and Belorussians were written out the order for six years' internal exile in Vorkuta. Later, in March 1947, they gathered all these exiles from Vorkuta and transported them to the south of the Krasnoyarsk region, to the gold mines in Artyomovsk (today Kuragino district).
When in 1945 a train with exiled Ukrainia-Germans was unloaded in Krasnoyarsk, not only Germans, but also many Ukrainian families, most of these families decided to spend their exile at the hydrolytic works (or is this a hydroelectric station?) in Ladeyka (an eastern suburb at that time).