Report on the activities of the Krasnoyarsk „Memorial“ Organization in 2006
Perpetuation of the memory of victims of political reprisals.
- In close cooperation with the regional administration the forth volume of the
Memory in commemoration of the victims of political repression on Krasnoyarsk
Territory was published. The fifth volume is already being worked on.
- Enlargement of the internet data base to 61000 individuals.
- Publication of the Birilyussk list of special resettlers on the internet; the
also available in German.
- We set up a commemoration tablet to the honour of M. V. Rumyantsev in Yartsevo
(in cooperation with the Yeniseysk College of Pedagogics).
Educational work. Work with young people
Arrangement of a compact disc for teachers on Krasnoyarsk Territory (in 2006
more than 500 copies were distributed).
About 150 lectures were held in medium and high-level educational establishments.
Subject: “The relation between different national groups seen through the prism
of the Caucasian War. Patriotism and tolerance in contemporary Russia”. Moreover,
about 20 lectures were held about “The camps of Krasnoyarsk Territory”, “Women
in the GULAG” and “The Great Terror”.
- Preparation and organization of the exhibition “The represed intelligentsia of
- Touring exhibition “Marked by the sign of OST” (elaborated by the
“Memorial” Organization); the exhibits were shown in the premisses of the
Krasnoyarsk Museum Complex of Culture and History. Meanwhile the exhibits
were left with the Fund of Touring Exhibitions of the KMCCH.
Our exhibitions were shown in different places of the region:
- “Stolby” National Park: January – June 2006
- Museum of Nizhne-Ingash: June – September 2006
- Museum of the town of Sosnovoborsk: October – December 2006
“The arrested Muse” – graphic art by B. Sveshnikov
- town of Zaozerniy: January – February 2005
- town of Yeniseysk: March – May 2005
- Achinsk Museum of Local Lore: January – February 2006
- Sayansk Museum of Local Lore: March – September 2006
- Birilyussk Museum of Local Lore: October 2006
- Museum of Nizhne-Ingash: November 2006
Competition: “Man in history . Russia . 20th century”
- 94 papers came from Krasnoyarsk Territory, 48 of which reached the second
62 papers were sent from participants in the Republic of Khakassia, 17 of which
were admitted into the second round.
- Three papers from Krasnoyarsk participants reached the final third round (of
best), one of them was awarded a prize.
- There were two regional presentation ceremonies – in Krasnoyarsk and Abakan
(carried out in cooperation with the Khakassian “Memorial” Organization).
Regional action: “Krasnoyarsk territory during the years of repressions”,
organized in cooperation with the Ageny of Education of the Krasnoyarsk regional
- 46 papers were submitted; 33 of them were selected to take part in the
- Seminar of historics working on the issue of political reprisals (carried out
cooperation with the Krasnoyarsk Museum Complex of Culture and History)
- Seminar about “The Work of the plenipotentiary of human rights with social
- Students’ conference “The Culture of Siberia” – Plenary session “The century
irretrievable losses” (in cooperation with the Yeniseysk College of Pedagogice)
- Meeting of “Memorial” members with veterans of th Journalists’ Union of Russia
• Meeting with representatives of the social union “Protection of the victims of
political reprisals” (town of Norilsk), trip to Norilsk
- Third expedition of history and human rights, organized by the Yeniseysk
Pedagogics and the Krasnoyarsk “Memorial” Organization. Students of the history
classes interviewed victims of repression in the village of Krivliak.
- Resistance against the putting up of Stalin’s statue in the settlement of
- “Memory of the heart” – Commemoration day 30th October, in cooperation with
Krasnoyarsk Museum Complex of Culture and History
Social, juridicial and charitable aid for victims of political reprisals
Three hours per day (except on Sundays and holiday) we hold consultation hours;
3-5 people come to ask for advise every day. We write statements of claim,
direct inquiries to the archives, help people in finding witnesses and witness
reports. Altogether we had 565 visitors. We received 89 certificates of
rehabilitation. We succeeded in getting compensation payments for 7 people. We
sent 64 statements of claim to the courts, 2 private actions were brought to the
regional court. 21 inquiries were submitted to the court, in order to confirm
people’s death, birth or the degree of relationship.
We created electronical photo archives – of about 12 GB in size. Practically all
phoos ever gathered by the Krasnoyarsk “Memorial” Organization are now available
in electronic form in a high-grade scanning quality.
Creation of an electronic film library. Practically all films which have been
kept by “Memorial” in VHS or 35 mm quality up to the present, now exist in
electronic form, ready to be copied.
Number of materials on our website – more than 6000.
We are presently working on a thematic structurization of the existing material.